Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with Setapp. Get access to hundreds of Mac and iOS apps for one low monthly subscription fee.
- Inside DuckDuckGo, Google’s Tiniest, Fiercest Competitor
- A great dive into what’s behind DuckDuckGo and where it’s heading. And why.
- This is pretty awesome. It replicates Marked’s multi-file document capabilities from the command line. It handles all the merge formats Marked does, with MultiMarkdown and GFM support. Plus, scriptable! More details in a post from the author.
- A very handy CLI for Bash/ZSH that aids in testing/communicating with REST APIs.
- Jesse Grosjean has started working on a CLI for FoldingText (and TaskPaper) in NodeJS. I haven’t had a chance to really figure out what the possibilities are yet, but from an initial toying around it looks like it has great potential for extending plain text task management on the command line.
- Marked.app PopClip extension
- I stumbled on LawSchoolMatt through a DuckDuckGo search, and I love this guy. Among many other things, he whipped up a PopClip extension for previewing selected text in Marked. Dig around his site, there’s a lot of awesome there. Plus, mind maps. Yum.
Check out Setapp today and get access to the best Mac and iOS apps out there.