Web Excursions for October 13, 2020
Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with CleanMyMac X, all the tools to speed up your Mac, in one app.
- Vertical tabs and why Firefox is the new hotness (again)
- Having switched to Firefox, I was happy that Justin Blanton pointed me to this post on Tree Style Tab, an extension for adding vertical tabs in Firefox. The post includes instructions for hiding the regular horizontal tabs.
- Hello Kinopio
- Kinopio is a freeform brainstorming application that lets you drop ideas in with zero connections, figuring out how things connect later. A different take on mind mapping.
- CLI plain-text note-taking, bookmarking, and archiving with encryption, filtering and search, Git-backed versioning and syncing, Pandoc-backed conversion, and more in a single portable script.
- Tokens 2
- Tokens is a great app for developers who want to make easy-to-redeem promo code links for their giveaways and promos. Version 2 is a huge upgrade, so even if you’ve looked at it in the past, it’s worth checking out again.
- Blazingly fast terminal recorder that generates animated GIFs.