Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with Backblaze. Back up everything.
- How to (Sort of) Sync TaskPaper files with BusyCal
- Craig Eley has a solution for syncing TaskPaper task lists to BusyCal. I haven’t tried it, but for those who use both apps, it looks like a good way to — at the very least — get solid one-way sync to BusyCal with a slightly rougher way of getting things synced back to TaskPaper.
- Marvel - Turn Sketches Into Prototypes
- Not the first to do it, but a really easy way to create clickable mockups using just your iPhone. Free app, Dropbox sync and export capabilities.
- I’ve been looking for this for a while. It’s a great standalone bash script for providing a graphical selection menu on the command line, as used in my spl script.
- LiveNote is open-source
- The collaborative text editor LiveNote is now open source. Interested in how it works? Grab a copy on GitHub.
- This replacement for jQuery’s
$.animate()claims to outperform jQuery and CSS3 animations. I haven’t implemented it yet, but it looks promising, especially for iOS browsers.
Backblaze securely backs up your entire computer to the cloud, affordably and reliably. I trust it with all my data. Check it out today.