Web Excursions for October 11, 2013
Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with MindMeister, the best collaborative mind mapping software out there.
- Introducing Paperback
- Paperback, the elegant Pinboard “read later” service is live. I mentioned it in beta, and I think it’s a great tool. Sign up for $15/year.
- AppleScript XML-RPC
- Via MacStories, Daniel Jalkut notes that AppleScript has long supported XML-RPC and SOAP functionality for interacting with blogging platforms and other services on the web. Pretty awesome, especially for people running WordPress blogs.
- Brew Methods
- For the coffee fiddlers out there: recipes for Aeropress, Chemex, Pour-over and more.
- 50 writing errors that make you look like an amateur
- A handy list for better writing. Also see the followup: 25 more writing errors.
- Safari on iOS 7 and HTML5: problems, changes and new APIs
- Interesting mix of good and bad changes in Safari on iOS 7. I’m concerned about the number of regressions.
Check out MindMeister and start brainstorming, collaborating, and boosting productivity.