Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with Codecademy, the easiest way to learn to code.
- BusyCal 3
- BusyMac has released BusyCal 3 for Mac and iOS. It’s a calendar app with an excellent month view with integrated info panel, integrated weather info and travel time estimates, a menu bar mini-calendar, calendar sets you can switch between, and much more.
- Bear - Notes for iPhone, iPad and Mac
- I’m a little jealous that Bear from Shiny Frog is ahead of BitWriter on its beta release, but I’ve been testing it for a while and it’s a gorgeous note-taking app with sync across macOS and iOS. Elegant editing with a Markdown-esque syntax, and solid export options.
- Marvel - Design Apps On Your Phone on the App Store
- An intetesting app for mocking up iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch apps starting with pen and paper and working up to clickable prototypes you can share.
- Apple doesn’t understand photography
- All true.
- A tiny Bootstrap alternative for web designers who just want grid and typography features. Pure CSS (with Sass), including tools for easily creating and adjusting vertical rhythm, consistent form fields and grid layouts.
- A CLI-based window and pane manager for iTerm 2 and 3.
- I’ve been having fun with Pablo from Buffer. This new web app is about the same thing (making quick social media images with text), but offers a little more flexibility in design. Great for making demotivational posters as a rebellion against trite quotes on zen backgrounds.