Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with Codecademy, the easiest way to learn to code.
- As an addition to the tools listed in my recent post on directory traversal in the shell, commacd is a great new tool by Stanley Shyiko that combines a lot of the tricks I’m currently using into one simple system.
- A gesture-based fullscreen web browser for iOS that happens to use Marky to offer web page “markdownification” as a built-in service and an iOS 8 Action Extension.
- Chrome’s Console API: Greatest Hits
- There turned out to be a lot of things I didn’t know about Chrome’s debug console. A lot of really useful things.
- The News 2: Hacker News & Designer News & Product Hunt
- This is my new home tab. A simple, beautiful presentation of my favorite sources of information and tools. Also available as a free iOS app.
- Tabbie - Material, customizable and hackable new tab replacement
- Another way to get Hacker News, Designer News, and Product Hunt into your Chrome new tab page, plus GitHub, Pushbullet, and more.