Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with Backblaze. Back up everything.
- If you’ve ever worked with throttling onScroll handlers in a web page, this looks like a clever solution. I’ve been doing ok with a jQuery debounce/throttle combination, but this allows a callback function to delay the handler until a task is finished.
- An intriguing API for text analysis, language detection, sentiment recognition and semantic keywords. Something to explore soon.
- Wikify (Evernote Wiki-Helper)
- An interesting Alfred workflow for “wikifying” Evernote with Markdown support.
- Isso – a commenting server similar to Disqus
- Recommended by a friend on Twitter, I’m seriously considering the switch. I don’t love the idea of hosting a database for the website these days, but full control of my comments would be fun.
- Here, Look
- Solves one of my biggest annoyances with showing people photos on my iPhone. I actually told someone I was going to create this app once. I take full credit for it. I kid because I love.
- A web-based interface for creating launchd tasks. Handy for people who don’t want to run Launch Control, I would think.
Backblaze securely backs up your entire computer to the cloud, affordably and reliably. I trust it with all my data. Check it out today.