I’m going to try doing recap posts of articles on the blog for the previous week. On slower blogging weeks they’ll be a little short, but I think they’ll be useful for people who want a very low-traffic way to keep up with what I consider the most interesting, and a way to spot something you might have missed over the course of a busy week.
Some posts of interest from the last week:
- Sponsor: The PDFpen family from Smile (Feb 13th)
- A big thanks to this week’s sponsor, the PDFpen Family from Smile.
- Quick Tip: Automating your Mac’s wifi power (Feb 15th)
- Riddle me this: why would you want to script your wi-fi state? If you have an answer, here’s your solution.
- iTunesIcon 2.1 with easy icon sizing (Feb 16th)
- iTunesIcon, my script/application for fetching and saving any iTunes App Store or Mac App Store application icon is coming along nicely. The latest update lets you specify the returned icon size with a simple syntax.
- Automating dynamic date math in TextExpander (Feb 17th)
- This was a fun one: you can insert relative dates into TextExpander snippets automatically when they run.
- SearchLink 2.1 (Feb 18th)
- SearchLink, my System Service for looking up web links while writing without leaving your editor took a leap forward this week. If you write in Markdown, it’s an awesome tool, but the latest version adds additional formats and capabilities that should be of interest to everyone.
- Remote pbcopy on OS X systems (Feb 19th)
- A handy tip for anyone who works over SSH connections. Make
pbcopyclip to your local clipboard when run on a remote system.