Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with CleanMyMac X, all the tools to speed up your Mac, in one app.
That’s right, Web Excursions two days in a row. It’s been a nice, quiet weekend and I’ve had a little extra time to explore…
- I missed this when it was new, but I’m glad I found it now. It’s such a handy plugin, especially for web designers. It displays pixel dimensions and file size for any image you QuickLook (including
qlmanage -pfrom the command line).
- Test Internet Connection Speed from the Command Line
- A handy trick for testing your network speed from the command line. I’ve already forgotten where I found this, so I apologize for the lack of attribution.
- A slick web-based tool for local or cloud git repositories which simplifies managing a repo. It offers a drag-and-drop interface for working with branching, merging, commiting, etc. Node.js-based and very pretty.
- Tear-able Cloth - CodePen
<canvas>demo is amazing.
- PRSM - The Sharing Network
- Via @viticci with a hat tip to Stephen Hackett, a humorous but sobering take on the social… everything.