Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with Backblaze. Back up everything.
- My Take on the Git Commit Logger
- A great take on my own git logger, this one runs every time you make a commit (using hooks). By removing the need for launchd jobs and dotfile lists, it becomes a simpler way to gather records of all your work in all your repos together for reference and remembering the good times.
- MOSX Tumblelog
- For Keyboard Maestro users, more Markdown macros! Even includes support for MultiMarkdown’s new superscript and subscript features.
- A Pinboard Reading Library
- Great article on Macdrifter about Pinboard as a primary read-later and reference tool.
- Gitrep - Discover and Organize Github Repositories
- One of the nicest discovery tools for GitHub repositories I’ve seen. There are a couple of cool features yet to be implemented (coming soon), but for finding related repos and exploring the magical jungle of GitHub, this is great.
- Leap motion controls hexapod with hand signals
- I feel like I might be under-using my Leap Motion.
Backblaze securely backs up your entire computer to the cloud, affordably and reliably. I trust it with all my data. Check it out today.