Web Excursions for July 24, 2013
Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with CleanMyMac X, all the tools to speed up your Mac, in one app.
- 21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity
- I’m a sucker, yes, but this literally had tears running down my face. Two minutes of Fox News can fix it if you find yourself with too much faith in humanity, though.
- Why Companies Kill Products We Love
- A level-headed perspective from my friend Brad Hill on “sunsetting,” with a focus on Yahoo! and Google. Definitely worth a read if you’re feeling spiteful about Reader.
- MOSX Tumblelog
- Some quick tips for making the most of the mind mapping app MindNode. Via Macdrifter.
- Limited use cases, but a very cool retro effect using Canvas and a little scripting.
- Twilight theme, tweaked
- My tweaked version of Twilight for TextMate and Sublime Text. I’ve looked long and hard for a theme I like better, but this suits my personal tastes for code editing perfectly. I still use MarkdownEditing for prose. I’ll make a more official post on this (and try to get it into Package Control) after a few updates.