Another day, another version of GrabLinks (the bookmarklet for grabbing all links from a chosen section of a webpage as a Markdown list). The first major change is that the bookmarklet is now auto-updating. It loads the actual script from the Gist and will therefore always load the latest stable version. It pops up a small “Loading” indicator until the script loads and, if needed, injects jQuery. If it’s a fast load, you may just see a brief flash of white in the upper left corner, so that’s what that is.
Next, it does the following:
- No repeated urls in output
- Handle relative links and local hashes better
- Better handling of title attributes
- Add origin link at top of output
- Don’t force selection on click, allow copying individual parts of the output
- Add a close button
- Truncate long titles at 50 chars
- Do a better job of incrementing/decrementing padding on hover
To install, drag the link below into your bookmark bar (or grab the raw version and edit) and delete any previous version.
I doubt I’ll take this one much further, but if you have any requests, feel free to let me know in the comments or by contacting me directly.