Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with CleanMyMac X, all the tools to speed up your Mac, in one app.
- Google Slides
- Ok, maybe everyone knew creating slide-based presentations was part of the Gdocs suite already, but if I saw it before I’d never bothered to explore it. I’m impressed, this is a great alternative to PowerPoint, especially if you’re collaborating cross-platform.
- SpaceLauncher - App Launcher and Switcher for Mac
- Similar to hyper-key hacks, this app lets you launch or switch to an app by pressing any configured key while holding down spacebar. Via Maarten den Braber via Paul Vantees.
- CPU Utilization is Wrong
- You know those CPU meters with often-confusing percentages that we all like to put on our desktop and Today widgets? Here’s what it really means, and also why it’s not the measure you think it is, especially as a developer.
- Idnan/bash-guide: A guide to learn bash
- Simply a “guide to learn bash.” If you want to get into more command line work and bash scripting
- The 100% Correct Coding Style Guide
- I thoroughly enjoyed this piece. If you’ve ever argued about spaces vs tabs, well, “It took me years to find the right answers but I’ve finally done it and it turns out the answer is…”