Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with MightyDeals.com, featuring great deals on software, training, and design resources.
- so-fancy/diff-so-fancy: Good-lookin’ diffs
- My Git diffs on the command line have never looked so good.
- Markdown Editors Shootout: Support for Tables, Footnotes, Strikethrough
- A detailed overview of just about all of the Markdown tools/editors available on Mac.
- Son.gg – Share Music. Everywhere.
- In the vein of Songlink from the last Web Excursions, another easy way to share a song and let the recipient pick which service to listen to it on.
- ForkLift 3
- Forklift has been rivaling Path Finder as a Finder replacement for years, and this latest version gives it the edge, in my opinion. Excellent support for remote connections (SFTP, WebDAV, S3, and more), fast file management options and keyboard shortcuts, and an extensible command palette, among dozens of other features.
- Tinycards – Flashcards by Duolingo
- A new app from the team behind education app Duolingo. Create flashcards or select from the extensive library, and get gaming features (level up, memory strength bar) built in.