Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with Udemy. Learn Anything.
- Hyper Key hack in Sierra using Karabiner-Elements and Keyboard Maestro
- For those who’ve upgraded to Sierra and are lamenting the loss of their Hyper Key (because Karibiner breaks in 10.12), here’s a hack using Karabiner-Elements and Keyboard Maestro.
- Honestly, the escape key functionality of my original hyper key (tap for escape, hold for modifiers) has become so ingrained in my muscle memory that I’m happier doing a simple hack to make it just an escape key, and then using a basic key combo to trigger a Keyboard Maestro group with my old launching shortcuts.
- Expanded Comics
- I don’t read a lot of comics, but not because I don’t appreciate the art form. This new app demonstrates a potential future that combines 3D animation, models and sculptures, original music, and other things you’ll never see on a page. Comic fans might scoff and wax nostalgic, but this is motivating for me to dive into graphic storytelling again.
- inessential: Memory Graph Debugger Tips
- The latest Xcode has a new memory graph debugger, and Brent Simmons shares his tips after his first day of working with it.
- The MIT License, Line by Line
- From /dev/lawyer, an in-depth look at what the MIT license actually means. It’s something anyone using it should probably understand, but very few of us do.
- Pantsuit: The Hillary Clinton UI pattern library
- Worth blogging based on the name alone, this is the internal design system for Hillary Clinton’s campaign.
- Usar Marked 2 para previsualizar AsciiDoc
- A Spanish-language how-to for using Marked with AsciiDoc.