Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with CleanMyMac X, all the tools to speed up your Mac, in one app.
- GitFinder - git client with Finder integration
- A fast and lightweight (but quite full-featured) git client for Mac with Finder integration.
- “A modern Pinboard app for 2021.” Mac and iOS. It’s new and currently being developed, which sets it apart from every other Pinboard app available on macOS right now. I would be sold on it if I could find a URL handler for adding a new bookmark. Maybe it’s there, but not documented. Overall a solid app with good share extensions, organization/searching, and in-app viewing.
- A really well done menu bar calendar app for Mac. With my new job and restricted Exchange servers, I was no longer able to use Fantastical as my primary calendar app. Dato gave me back quick dropdown access to events (with keyboard shortcut), one-click Zoom joins, and even shows my next meeting as a text block in my menu bar (with countdown). I lose all of Fantastical’s great natural language event/task creation, but it covers all the other bases for me.
- How to fix macOS Accessibility permission when an app can’t be enabled
- Sharing this as I’ve heard I’m not the only one recently hit with a sudden failure of the Big Sur Accessibility permissions. Started up my Mac and was confronted with a couple dozen requests for permissions, all of which showed they were already granted. This fix took care of it. It does require re-enabling everything, but at least it works when you do.
- “Replies is an easy to use customer support tool that becomes smarter as longer you use it. Reuse your previous answers to save time and money.” I used the “Contact Support” menu item in HoudahSpot and was intrigued by the interface it offered (using Replies), including searching for previous answers. Bookmarked for possible inclusion in my own apps, and think it would be cool to see in other apps, too.