Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with MindMeister, the best collaborative mind mapping software out there.
Stuff to read and things to do while you shelter in place.
- The Creativity of ADHD
- ADHD folks might have the creative edge on their peers. Via Frank Petrie.
Remove vocals, drums, bass and synth with state of the art AI. Built for DJing, music production and karaoke alike.
- I tested this on some punk rock tracks and it did an amazingly good job of splitting vocals out from accompaniment.
- I Miss the Office
- I don’t miss the office myself, but this is a clever, web-based background noise generator for those who need the drone of offfice sounds to feel like they’re working. I find it humorous and well-implemented, but you might actually find it useful.
- Jitsi Meet - Instant Free Videoconferencing
- A secure, open-source alternative to Zoom. Because there are so many things wrong with Zoom. We tested this with an interstate family call and it was smooth sailing for everyone. I believe it’s a solid option.
- PlayingCards.io Virtual Tabletop
- Play tabletop games online with friends, including a Cards Against Humanity clone called Remote Insensitivity. Game night doesn’t have to die with social distancing.