Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with MindMeister, the best collaborative mind mapping software out there.
- Fans Are Better Than Tech at Organizing Information Online
- I wish my own macOS tagging system could be this intelligent. Via @sjh_canada.
- Postbox 7.0
- As you may be aware, I’m a very happy MailMate user, but I’ve always been impressed with the power of the Postbox email client for Mac. Among a host of new features, the latest version adds new swipe gestures, new rich-text composition tools, and “Labs”, which allows running experimental 3rd-party code within Postbox.
- AnyDrop for Mac
- I like the idea of this: drag files to the menu bar and get a list of possible actions based on the type of file. But… it doesn’t appear to be user-extensible, so I’m happy sticking with Dropzone, personally.
- Color System Plugin for Sketch
- In the past, Dark Mode color schemes have usually been an afterthought for me. These days making a design pop in both light and dark versions requires attention from the beginning. This is a great Sketch plugin for setting up a color system that works.
- Amazon Prime Video - Rotten Tomatoes Overlay
- As someone who wishes Rotten Tomatoes were integrated everywhere I watch movies, this Chrome Extension which overlays Amazon Prime Video TV and movies with ratings is a welcome tool.