Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with MindMeister, the best collaborative mind mapping software out there.
- Exposing China’s Digital Dystopian Dictatorship
- Another disturbing look at the surveillance state cum digital dictatorship in China.
- Three Inspiring Role Models Embrace Modern Media To Close The STEM Gender Gap
- The fact that interest in STEM among young girls starts waning by the age of 6 is a serious issue to me. Anything that starts turning that tide is a step we need to take.
- Silenz on the Mac App Store
- A cool little macOS utility for people who listen to music on their headphones. When an external sound passing a set threshhold occurs, it will pause your music and amplify the sound through your input device (all customizeable) basically making sure that when someone starts talking to you, you don’t have to pause your music and ask them to repeat themselves.
- A well-curated directory of free resources for designers, including plenty of icons, stock photos, and UI mockup kits for Sketch, Photoshop, and more.
- Gladys Project
- I’ve been feeling guilty about how much of my privacy I think I’ve given up by having Amazon echos around my house, so this Raspberry Pi-based, open-source home assistant has piqued my interest.