Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with Udemy. Learn Anything.
Since excursions are the result of my travels over recent days, they tend to follow a theme. The theme of this one turns out to be web design and app marketing…
- How To Get Your App Featured in the App Store and Google Play
- For all the marketing tips for developers that I’ve read (and even proffered), nothing really beats an App Store feature, if you can get it. Here’s a good checklist.
- Responsive HTML Email Templates for Developers, Marketers & Startups
- Nobody liked coding HTML emails even before mobile. Now you have to plan for so many variables while using CSS and markup restricted for cross-client compatibility. Enjoy this collection of responsive HTML email templates and save the tears.
- I’ll admit it, I’m not great with designing gradients. This free, curated collection of 180 linear gradients is a welcome addition to my toolbox. Download them in CSS3, Photoshop and Sketch formats.
- Another great toolbox addition for web designers. Animista offers a place where you can play with and customize ready-to-use CSS animations, with code ready to download and incorporate into your project.
- AppLaunchpad Mockup Generator
- A free web app for generating high-res product mockups for apps, putting your app screenshot in a real-life context easily (and for free). All iOS devices (including iPhone X and Apple Watch), iMac, Macbook, and even Windows machines. (AppLaunchPad’s tool for generating iOS App Store screenshots looks pretty sweet, too.)