Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with MightyDeals.com, featuring great deals on software, training, and design resources.
- How to use nvALT in academia
- Some good tips for using nvALT in an academic setting. Don’t worry, these will still apply to BitWriter!
- “Where’s the App for That?” – Fixing App Store Discovery
- John Voorhees offers a 4600-word piece detailing the shortcomings (and potential fixes) of Apple’s App Store search, an issue near and dear to my developer heart.
- 15 iPhone Tricks Apple Has Been Hiding From You
- Some good iOS tips, including a few I didn’t know but really wanted.
- Take Better Notes in Class Using a Mind Map
- Mind mapping is the best way for me to take notes during a lecture or presentation that are actually useful to me later.
- An interactive CLI HTTP client with autocomplete and syntax highlighting. This will be handy for API testing as an alternative to redundant curl commands. Via OneThingWell
- What The F*** Should I Make For Dinner?
- I enjoy cooking and I like swearing, so I find this barebones meal suggestion tool both likeable and enjoyable.