Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with MindMeister, the best collaborative mind mapping software out there.
- How to survive working at home
- Daniel Jalkut (one of my favorite indie devs) shares his mistakes and triumphs from over 10 years of being his own boss and working at home. I still need to figure out the keeping-up-hygiene-and-appearances part.
- An iOS app that lets you create single site browsers (a la Fluid) to maintain separate cookies and local storage for various sites. Hat tip to [@Anodigital](https://twitter.com/Anodigital].
- How the Apple Watch Has Changed My Behavior for the Better
I now snapshot my work, look away, drink some water, walk to the kitchen to refill my cup, glance around to see if anybody needs me, and then get back to work.
This post encapsulates my own experience well.
- Use Markdown in Evernote
- An update (with fix) to an older Evernote-watching script from Dan Rosenstark for integration with Marked.
- Pinboard Pro - Google Chrome extension for Pinboard.in
- An alternative to the official Pinboard Chrome extension. It has essentially the same features, but the one thing I wanted very badly for Chrome was a shortcut for Tab Sets, and this offers it.