Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with MightyDeals.com, featuring great deals on software, training, and design resources.
- A successor to Mjolnir, Hammerspoon is powerful, Lua-based automation for your OS X.
- Risky Business – MacSparky
- David Sparks is the only lawyer I’ve ever enjoyed working with, and I’ve really enjoyed it. He’s taken the plunge and gone indie, with his MacSparky projects, the Field Guides series (including the 60 Mac Tips multimedia book we published together), and an independent law practice. Join me in wishing him the best of luck in the venture!
- GitHut - Programming Languages and GitHub
- An interesting visualization of programming languages and their respective activity on GitHub. Built using GitHub Archive (check out the links at the bottom of that page for more interesting data usages).
- Workflow 1.1: Deeper iOS Automation
- The usual in-depth and highly informative review from Federico Viticci over at MacStories. Workflow 1.1 adds a lot more to the iOS automation app than I would have expected for an incremental update.