Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with CleanMyMac X, all the tools to speed up your Mac, in one app.
- Ostensibly it’s a Chrome plugin that translates between various “humane” markup formats (Markdown, Textile, MediaWiki, etc.). It’s Pandoc on steroids. The cool part, though, is that it has an API that you can incorporate into all kinds of tools (e.g. the Sublime Text package).
- Tiny Robot Software
- Cool little utility for Yosemite that pipes input from the command line to a visual selection and returns output to STDOUT. Also see AppGrid, a speedy window layout manager from the same developer.
- A command-line tool for displaying the CPU temperature, fan speeds and battery information on your Mac, all at once or separately (great for GeekTool, Übersicht, etc.).
- I like this idea. Have your Apple laptop set off an alarm and alert you via SMS or Yo when disconnected from a power source while locked.
- “An nvALT Preview Theme on Steroids.” Really cool usage of nvALT’s custom template capabilities, enabling GFM Markdown, GitHub checkboxes, Font Awesome icons, code highlighting, and “User Story” detection and formatting for agile folks.