Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with Codecademy, the easiest way to learn to code.
- First Crack 1.0
- A fast, simple, portable, and customizable static site generator in Python.
- mySleepButton - Shuffle Your Thoughts to Sleep
- This app works.
mySleepButton is based on cognitive science, including the Cognitive Shuffle, Serial Diverse Imagining and Super-Somnolent principles of sleep onset proposed by CogSci Apps Corp. co-founder, Dr. Luc P. Beaudoin.
- Quiver - The Programmer’s Notebook
- There have been times I’ve wished for an app like this. It mixes Markdown and code snippets with tagging and other code organization tools. Overall, I use nvALT for this purpose to great results, but I’ve always wished for a dedicated snippet manager that met most, if not all, of my requirements.
- Taco - All your tasks. One screen.
- This web app combines over 40 of your everyday todo apps into one screen. Asana, Basecamp, Evernote, Bugzilla, OmniFocus and tons more. Even text files.
- The Hype Machine is one great music discovery tool, and this little app is a great way to access it from a native OS X interface.