Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with MightyDeals.com, featuring great deals on software, training, and design resources.
- MindMeister for Glass
- I doubt I will ever have the opportunity to try this out, but it would be almost cool enough to make wearing Glass worthwhile for me…
- UI Design Comparison of To-Do Apps
- Video: Robert McGinley Myers takes on a huge pile of iPhone to-do apps to analyze their UI decisions.
- Make Writing a Part of Your Identity
- Christian Tietze on self-perception and what it takes to be a writer. Great piece. Keep an eye on his Zettelkasten project, too.
- Beautiful web type
- Ever spend an hour trying to find a decent font in Google’s web font collection? This page highlights a few really great fonts/combinations. Beautiful.
- Using get-location/Google to map your location on a Mac
- I had some fun with get-location and the Google Geocoding API. Now I can type
whereamion the command line and get a street address. Worthless, but fun. I get lost a lot.