Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with Codecademy, the easiest way to learn to code.
- App.net State of the Union
- I admit, I had my hopes up that a paid social network could be sustainable. I’ll continue to support it, I have some stimulating conversations there and the feature improvements over Twitter are highly worth it for me.
- The Markdown Payoff
- Hilton Lipschitz’ answers his own question, “Was switching to Markdown a good call?”
- Markdownify Pocket items & save to Dropbox
- A great example of integrating Marky into your automation workflow using IFTTT.
- The Display Designers Have Been Waiting For
- I used dual 21” monitors for years, then dual 24”, but when I got my 27” Thunderbolt, I let go of the need for two-headed computing. This 21:9 34” beast might make me yearn for more screen real estate once again.
- Queuing tasks for batch execution with Task Spooler
- I really want to get this working on OS X, but haven’t had any luck yet. It’s in homebrew, but… if anyone gets this working, I’d love to know how.