Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with CleanMyMac X, all the tools to speed up your Mac, in one app.
- A modification of Craig Eley’s Sifttter — for collecting info from IFTTT to Day One — that can run autonomously and does not need to be manually activated. The aim of the project was to use a Raspberry Pi, but should be usable on any *NIX platform.
- Watch Steve Perlman demo his ‘transformative’ pCell wireless tech
- Wireless (and cable) disruption. Via Caylan Larson.
- “Time-saving synchronised browser testing.” A very handy tool if you develop anything for the web. Have changes to your files trigger refreshes in multiple browsers, and have scrolls, clicks and form actions execute in all browsers simultaneously.
- Highlight “weasel words” and passive voice as you write in Sublime Text. I’m using it and it works well.
- Responsive Lazy Loading plugin for jQuery. It can lazy-load the correct image size for the current screen dimensions (and Retina), programatically or using data attributes.