Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with Udemy. Learn Anything.
- Simple JSON processing in shell scripts
- I didn’t even know
jscwas there. This is awesome.
- Server Side Cheaters
- Cheatsheets everywhere, with some auto-build Python scripts that I look forward to playing with.
- ‘Twas(n’t) the Software Patent BeforeChristmas
- Stu Maschwitz waxes poetic on the iA Writer Pro snafu. I’ve stayed pretty quiet about this whole thing, but let me say that anyone who claims a blue cursor is a major feat is lying. Syntax Control is an uncreative use of NSLinguisticTagger and not worth all of this attention. That is all.
- Facebook ‘dead and buried to teens’, research finds
It seems that social media works not towards change of society, notions of individuality and connectedness, and so on but rather as a conservative force that tends to strengthen the conventional social relations and to reify society
- All of my favorite image compression programs on the command line, complete with a Grunt plugin for automation.
- We created something similar to this for the Engadget relaunch. It’s an essential tool for responsive design and allows modular loading and unloading of assets at viewport breakpoints.