Web Excursions for March 25, 2013
Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with Backblaze. Back up everything.
- dtrx: Intelligent archive extraction
- “Do The Right Extraction”: it’s
extracton steroids. I love that it handles archives that didn’t put everything in a folder: it creates the folder automatically so you don’t have stuff all over the folder you were working in. Haven’t tested yet, hoping it works fine on BSD. [via OneThingWell]
- App Store Quickview
- I’ve been using this a lot as I explore the App Store (which I do all too frequently). It loads up the web preview for any app that you hover over, preventing you from having to click in, click back and re-scroll. It’s a huge timesaver considering the terrible speed at which the App Store loads pages.
- Turning the Link Bundler into a PopClip extension
- Turn the bit.ly Link Bundler into a PopClip extension for bundling with even fewer clicks.
- Daily tip: Search notes with Siri
- I’ve been using Siri more and more (and really enjoying it). I don’t make heavy use of the Notes app, but for the things I do stick in there, these are some handy tips from Dave Caolo.
Backblaze securely backs up your entire computer to the cloud, affordably and reliably. I trust it with all my data. Check it out today.