Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with Backblaze. Back up everything.
- This is unbelievably fun to hack around with (I’m running on the assumption that you use Jekyll and like to tinker with Ruby on things that aren’t really neccessary to your daily life, of course). It adds basic XMLRPC capabilities to your static blog, allowing you to add, edit and post as well as upload images. It needs a lot of work (it’s two years old), and won’t function with Poster on iOS yet, but I’m getting there with my local hacks.
- If you publish a podcast, manually create RSS feeds or do anything with Sparkle and you don’t have Feeder, you’re missing out. It makes hand-crafted RSS and XML feeds fun.
- YouSendIt’s Brad Garlinghouse Talks About Found Acquisition
- Looking forward to the future of Found (and genuinely hoping that it doesn’t get the life sucked out of it).
- An automated means of getting your WordPress blog to Jekyll. I do it for a price, but my services are really only necessary if you have a lot of custom markup or shortcode plugins, etc. A script like this will do just fine for the majority of users.
- I’m hoping to finally get a gallery/repository of Marked Custom Styles put together soon…
- Photobox CSS3 jQuery image gallery dropthebit
- Responsive CSS3/jQuery image gallery and lightbox. This is gorgeous. I tried it out on this blog and found it not quite ready for prime time, but it’s still amazing.
Backblaze securely backs up your entire computer to the cloud, affordably and reliably. I trust it with all my data. Check it out today.