Web excursions: March 12 - March 20
Links of interest from March 12 through March 20:
- Use Finder’s trash method from the command line. This build enables the “Put Back” feature in Finder for undeleting files.
- View color-coded output of compiled AppleScripts from the command line.
- Dropbox Forms: Receive files from your web site to your dropbox!
- Handy upload possibilities for getting client files.
- Opening Ruby gems in TextMate - TextMate
- Good primer on setting up your own tab-completion sets in Bash.
- rsync + Automator = free and easy backups for your Mac
- Good tip for backing up your Mac at Practically Efficient.
- wfarr/dotjs.safariextension - GitHub
- This is pretty sweet for Chrome/Safari hackers. You can just add scripts to a ~/.js folder, named based on the domain they should run on. jQuery 1.4.4 is loaded automatically with your scripts. It ties in with defunkt’s dotjs.
- Ten Things Every WordPress Plugin Developer Should Know - Smashing Magazine
- If you’re developing (or ever develop) WordPress plugins, these are some great tips.