WordPress GitHub Stars Widget
A tiny little WordPress plugin that puts your GitHub stars in a widget for your footer or sidebar.
The Widget refreshes its content once every hour. You can force an update by re-saving the widget’s preferences in Appearance->Widgets.
- Download the archive and unzip
- Upload the ‘github-stars-widget’ folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- In Appearances->Widgets, add the GitHub Stars widget to the section of your theme you want to display them in.
- Input your username and number of stars to display in the widget settings.
Styling the output
Stars are displayed in a definition list (
<dl>). Each star has a term (
<dt>) with the linked title, and a definition (
<dd>) with the project description.
Some example CSS, pulling colors from the Nord palette:
The above CSS looks like this (will vary based on your theme):