Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with Codecademy, the easiest way to learn to code.
- Made With ARKit
- A “hand-picked curation of the coolest stuff made with ARKit.” This one is one of my favorites.
- Early Macintosh Emulation Comes to the Archive
- Time to fire up Dark Castle.
- The Ultimate Collection of Google Font Pairings
- A beautifully laid-out collection of 50 font pairings from Google Fonts.
- YouTube Converter 2 from Softorino
- Softorino teased SYC2 a little while ago, and now it’s officially released. Instantly download videos and music, create audio, video, or ringtone files, and quickly add it to libraries on your Mac or iOS device. It works with more than just YouTube, too, including Facebook, Vimeo, Vevo, Soundcloud, Bandcamp, and more.
- The Ringer - Stainless Steel Cast Iron Cleaner
- I got this tip from the Systematic episode with Dean Pribetic. It’s basically high quality chainmail, designed for cleaning a cast iron pan without detergent. Wet, scrub, wipe dry. I bought it immediately and I can vouch that it’s a brilliant solution.
Bonus: Sleep Stuff
- Best Headphones for Sleep
- I’m still a dedicated user of SleepPhones, but Pzizz (my favorite “background music” sleep app) has published a review of a few other options, including some inexpensive solutions.
- Down Etc
- A few years ago I stayed at a (new at the time) hotel in San Francisco, and the pillows were so amazing I had to inquire at the front desk about where they were from. They emailed me an address for Down Etc., and I let it sit for a couple of years. Got one recently, and it’s as awesome as I remember.