Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with CleanMyMac X, all the tools to speed up your Mac, in one app.
- Hyper Key in macOS Sierra with Karabiner Elements
- Top story: Karabiner Elements can once again provide the Hyper key we all loved before Sierra.
- If you like TV, and you like music, this is awesome. It’s a site with an index of music and songs appearing in every episode of popular shows (and movies). You can find what song was playing in the end credits without having to rewind and Shazam it, or search by artist to see where they’ve been featured in the world of television and film.
- What we learned evolving an App through 20 Alphas and 10 Betas
- Daniel Alm writes about the development of Timing 2, tracking progress over 13 months. A well-documented look at the process of UI and functionality changes from start to finish.
- Songstack - discover new music
- I found 10 new bands this week. This may be my favorite music discovery service/Spotify integration yet. There’s also a web version.
- Declawing: A new study shows we can’t look the other way
- This isn’t my normal kind of link, but the AVMA has hesitated to oppose the practice of declawing domestic cats and I think people (especially Americans) are at a particular disadvantage when it comes to being provided information on and understanding the effects of the procedure. This post is enlightening, even for me, and I’ve always opposed declawing cats…