Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with Codecademy, the easiest way to learn to code.
- Mavo: A new, approachable way to create Web applications
- This is cool. Lea Verou heads up a team to present Mavo, an extension to the syntax of HTML that allows developers to describe Web applications that manage, store, and transform data without any backend programming.
- Board For GitHub
- A native app overview for GitHub projects.
- Makers - IFTTT platform - IFTTT Platform
- If you love IFTTT but have always wished for more advanced control over your applets, check out the Makers platform.
- Screens 4
- Screens has long been one of the best VNC clients for Mac. The newest version adds a few features that were notably missing versus Apple’s default screen sharing app, including drag-and-drop file transfer support. It also got a speed boost, resulting in reduced screen lag and ultra-sharp image. If you have Setapp, you already have it!
- HYPER Glass iPhone screen protector
- This is fascinating. A couple of touch areas on the lower left and right allow you to tap areas in the upper left and right of a plus-size iPhone screen. I haven’t tried it, and I’ve gotten quite used to the fact that my phone is not going to be a one-handed device anymore, but I’m very curious.