Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with CleanMyMac X, all the tools to speed up your Mac, in one app.
- MultiMarkdown Converter Pro
- MultiMarkdown 6 is complete and progress is moving forward on a new version of MultiMarkdown Composer. You can read about changes/improvements and get the CLI version of MMD 6 on GitHub, and Fletcher has also released a GUI converter for drag-and-drop conversion on the Mac App Store.
- Spark for Mac
- Spark from Readdle is my favorite email client on iOS, and the Mac version is making some exciting improvements. This latest update includes labels, improved sidebar management, more options for folder management (Color Tags, Recents, Favorites and Smart Folders), and improved Smart Search with boolean operators.
- An open source wiki app built on NodeJS, Git and Markdown. It will run on Linux, Windows, or macOS servers, saves all content to Markdown files, and automatically syncs with a Git repository. Comes complete with a nice editor with Markdown highlighting, access control and authentication options, and a built-in search engine.
- Videoloupe for Mac - The Video Player for Videographers
- From the creator of Fileloupe, Videoloupe is the “video player for videographers.” It offers extensive playback controls, editing and adjustment tools, and a wide range of export/conversion options. Great for pros, but just about all of it is useful to anyone who works with videos regularly.
- 48 Incredibly Short, Clean Jokes That Are Actually Funny.
- I can’t help it. These are so bad/good that I’m making an effort to memorize them all. This is one of the ways I avoid being invited to too many dinners and parties.