Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with MindMeister, the best collaborative mind mapping software out there.
- David Chang’s Unified Theory of Deliciousness
- I’ve written (as many have) about the parallels between cooking and programming. David Chang of Momofuku waxes a little more philosophical about the code behind cooking. I can’t tell you how much I love this.
- God in the Grit
- Despite being atheist, I find religion fascinating. Call me an educated outside observer. I started working on a new podcast with Rabbi Eric Linder a while back (still in progress), but in the meantime he’s started up a new podcast with a Presbyterian reverend to discuss a wide range of topics from a religious perspective.
- Marp - Markdown Presentation Writer
- An editor for creating, presenting, and exporting slide decks using Markdown. Similar to Deckset, except the editor is built in, the code is open source, and you can build custom themes.
- The Git GUI with a visual, intuitive, cross-platform experience and one-click undo functionality! Indexed search of commit messages, notes, and more.
- Taut - the fast, beautiful macOS native Slack app – Kickstarter
- A Kickstarter to support building a native macOS client for Slack. There’s room for improvement, so I’d be curious to see this happen.
- Quick reminders from Terminal (bash) - Linux version
- A quick modification of my reminders cli for Linux.