Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with MightyDeals.com, featuring great deals on software, training, and design resources.
- My Bathroom Mirror Is Smarter Than Yours – Medium
- This is by far the best bathroom augmentation I’ve seen since installing my (inexpensive and quite wonderful) dual rainfall shower head.
- I’m a fan of creative placeholder images when mocking up websites in the browser. This service offers a bit of control over content, overlay text (plus font and color), size, and even image effects.
- A Beginner’s Guide to Kerning Like a Designer – Design School
- For designers, a great guide to kerning basics.
- A CLI interface for the Pinboard API. I built something similar but never published it. It was mostly for the purpose of easily renaming and merging tags from the command line. My old friend Elliott Cable made a more polished one with broader usage.
- An easy system for building Git commits as you work and then running a commit without having to edit the commit notes. I’m also intrigued by the idea behind Commit Comments. (Via OneThingWell)