I always loved attending Macworld, and almost entirely because of the people I’d meet and friends I’d see. Until yesterday, I thought the days we could all get together for some Mac love with a ton of my favorite Mac people were over. Then I was informed that a new conference (this is the second year) called Macstock was running. I’m so out of the loop.
It’s close enough to me that I can drive (Chicago area), and the price for a 2-day pass and ticket for the BBQ is very reasonably priced at $150. Plus, there’s early bird pricing until February 29th, using the code
macstock50off to save $50.
The speaker list is wonderful:
- Victor Cajiao (Terratech Podcast)
- Dr. Robert Carter (the Tech Doctor Blog And Podcast)
- Wally Cherwinski (Magic 22)
- Adam Christianson (The MacCast)
- Melissa Davis (themacmommy)
- Dave Ginsburg (Suburban Chicago Apple Users)
- Allison Hartley (The Tech Doctor Blog And Podcast)
- Matt Hillyer
- Chuck Joiner (MacVoices)
- Julie Kuehl
- Don Mcallister (ScreencastsOnline)
- Tim Robertson (TechFan)
- Mike Schmitz
- Kirschen Seah
- Guy Serle (mymac.com Podcast)
- Allison Sheridan (nosillacast)
- Jodi Spangler (Lakeshore Mac)
The conference runs from July 16th–17th. I’ve already booked my ticket and reserved lodging. The more the merrier, so go grab a ticket and join me!