Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with MightyDeals.com, featuring great deals on software, training, and design resources.
- Convert OpenMeta to OS X Mavericks tags
- Zettt has written a script that converts OpenMeta to Mavericks tags. It requires the OpenMeta CLI binary, but seems to do the trick nicely!
- Global shortcut to add a marker in Logic Pro X
- For people recording in Logic Pro X while using other applications, this is a great trick to achieve a global hotkey for adding markers. Especially brilliant for podcasters.
- Leap Motion with Traktor, First Attempt
- Awesome. If my bad dance moves could productively make music…
- A simple SASS/CSS framework to assist in implementing OOCSS, SSMACSS and MVCSS. That was a whole lot of acronyms. Dizzy?
I really like the “shame” section in the
application.css.scssfile. A place to put quick hacks and fixes that you can clean up later, rather than leaving them strewn around the whole folder structure. Good thinking.
- Proudly Announcing My New Home - Digital Displacement
- I’m happy to hear Tim Stevens (former Editor-in-Chief of Engadget) has found a good fit in a new environment. Tim is a good friend and I wish him the best in his new venture.