Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with MightyDeals.com, featuring great deals on software, training, and design resources.
- Ikea Dioder ambilight hack
- So cool. Check out the video.
- Camera+ for iPad
- This is a great photo app, now with a dedicated iPad version that takes full advantage of the additional screen real estate.
- HyperSwitch: The New HyperDock For Your Keyboard
- I’m really digging this. It’s unobtrusive while adding a bunch of functionality to the cmd-tab switcher.
- Via George Entenman, this looks like it will eventually be pretty awesome. Markdown -> Mindmap, with support for checklists, multiple themes and presentations. It seems like it’s pretty “beta” at the moment, but hopefully good things will come.
- Pattern Digger
- This could be handy. It scans a code directory for “TODO,” “FIXME,” or any other pattern you want and displays your project todo lists based on what it finds. You can click a todo item to open the file containing it in an editor, and see badge counts of todos per file. It can live update as files change, too.
- I’ve been playing with it for a while. I have scripts that do this from the command line which work fine, but I’m finding that the GUI overview is nice sometimes.