Web excursions brought to you by MightyDeals.com, featuring great deals on software, training, and design resources.
I had a few extra links this week, so here’s a special bonus Web Excursions post. Plus, I made a new header image, because variety is the condiment of destiny.
- A nice Mac app that aggregates stock photos from all the free stock sites. It’s lacking search, which is a bit of a letdown, but the interface is nice and the photo offering is great.
- A new app (in beta) for managing and browsing icons. What I’m liking most about it is its simplicity. Sets and tags, and a nice browser. That’s it, and that’s what I’ve been looking for. Photo managers aren’t great for icon sets, but this is.
- Clark’s call for DOJ action on cyber threats against women receives House backing
- Good news.
The U.S. House of Representatives has formally supported Congresswoman Katherine Clark’s request to intensify investigation and prosecution of severe online threats against women. […] the DOJ is specifically instructed to “intensify its efforts to combat this destructive abuse,” and to “increase investigations and prosecutions of these crimes.”
- I Was a Proud Non-Breeder. I Changed My Mind.
- A great post on a subject I’ve been talking (probably too much) about on Overtired. Michelle Goldberg had taken my position on (not) having children and this article details the path to changing her mind, which I think is an important perspective to read no matter which decision you’ve made.
- Friends who like Nickelback
- I learned about this thanks to Rich Siegel. It will show you which of your friends have liked the Nickelback page. What you do with this information is up to you.
To take it a step further, use findmyfacebookid and enter the page of any band or artist, then substitute the resulting ID into the ?page_id=6248267085 part of the url. Thanks, Rich.