Web Excursions for April 01, 2013: Alfred 2 Edition
Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with MindMeister, the best collaborative mind mapping software out there.
No April Fools jokes here, just a bunch of Alfred 2 goodness.
- “Alfredo is a [Ruby] wrapper for Alfred 2’s new Workflow system. It generates a XML response based on the information in the Alfred Forums.”
- Alfred 2 Ruby Framework
- A framework for Alfred 2 workflow development in Ruby.
- Alfred workflow for Github
- An Alfred 2 workflow for Github that works almost like the GitHub command bar.
- Alfred 2 Workflow List – Search, Install and Share
- The beginnings of a repository for all of the Alfred 2 Workflows popping up.
- Yak pushing workflow
- “It has the basic trimmings, i.e. a Contacts custom action you can wire up to phone numbers in Alfreds contacts viewer, a dial keyword and keyboard shortcuts to handle stuff selected in OS X applications.”
And one non-Alfred link because I think it sounds like the start of something pretty cool:
- Convert notes and highlights from iBooks to PDFs or Evernote notes on your desktop. A really cool idea, I need to test it out and see if it works.
Check out MindMeister and start brainstorming, collaborating, and boosting productivity.