Web excursions brought to you in partnership with MightyDeals.com, featuring great deals on software, training, and design resources.
- You’re Missing Out on a Better Mac Terminal Experience
- A post from Owen Caulfield with a bunch of great tips for using Hyper, a CSS/HTML-based Terminal alternative. I’m still going to be using iTerm, but this stuff looks like fun.
- Sir Winston - MacOS Customization Script Generator
- A MacOS customization script generator. Choose the applications and settings you want and get a custom script to automate the entire setup process.
- After 5 years and $3M, here’s everything we’ve learned from building Ghost
- From Kickstarter to a successful business model, the story behind Ghost’s business model is a heartening read.
- CheatSheet - Know your short cuts
- I used to appreciate KeyCue when learning keyboard shortcuts for an app, but it hasn’t worked for me for quite a while now. CheatSheet does the same thing flawlessly, and for free. Just hold the ⌘-Key down for a couple seconds to get a popup with a list of all active short cuts of the current application (including custom shortcuts assigned to Services and menu items). I recommend setting it to a long__ delay, as you’ll quickly realize how much you hold down the Command key when pondering what to do next…
- Retrobatch Public Beta
- From the creator of Acorn, a node based batch image processor. Think Audio Hijack for photo manipulation.
For years, people have wanted me to add batch processing of some kind to Acorn […] But to do it right, it would need to be a new app. And then sometime late last summer, I decided it was time and I started working on Retrobatch.