Web excursions brought to you by MightyDeals.com, featuring great deals on software, training, and design resources.
- Found via a post from Jason Snell about podcast transcription, I’ve been trying out this automatic audio post production service. I set it up with transcription via the Google Cloud Speech platform and am actually very impressed with the results. Good enough for fuzy full-text search, anyway. And the audio processing is surprisingly good.
- This is a very interesting Sublime Text package that actually creates a split view Markdown editor with live preview right in Sublime. I hadn’t previously even realized this was feasible.
- Best VPN Services
- A thorough comparison of currently available VPN services, covering speed, encryption level, usability and cost. The site isn’t affiliated with any particular VPN, and the ranking/scoring is fair (and useful).
- From Christopher Hannah: a little CLI written in Swift that uses my TitleCase API to convert input to a properly title-cased string from the command line or as part of a script pipeline.
- Apparix augmenting the command-line with directory bookmarks
- Apparix is a CLI that augments directory navigation with bookmarks, distant listing, and distant editing. I need to dig deeper on this one, but thus far it’s
- Typ.io Fonts that go together
- Web font inspiration and pairing ideas.