Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with MightyDeals.com, featuring great deals on software, training, and design resources.
- Audulus 3
- A minimalist modular audio processing app for Mac with a beautiful interface, MIDI control, visual audio programming, and an Audio Unit version to run inside of your preferred DAW. There’s also an iOS version with iCloud syncing of patches.
- Sorted - Quickly Organize Your Day
- Perhaps overly similar to Clear as far as the UI goes, Sorted is a handy todo list app that incorporates due dates and daily task lists in an easy-to-use swipe interface. Customizable colors, tagging/categorization, calendar and day views, and easy pushing of overdue tasks to the current day. I especially like the ability to select multiple tasks and pinch them apart to spread their due times out.
- ImageOptim HTTP API
- ImageOption now has a REST api that can be used for frontend image optimization when serving as well as backend processing for caching and delivery. A solid set of options including resizing, cropping/filling, and optimization levels.
- DatoCMS - A CMS for static website generators
- A nice looking CMS control panel that works with Jekyll, Hugo, Hexo, and more. Support for publishing via S3, GitLab CI, and other continuous integration platforms.
- Don’t Get Hacked
- Privacy and security are of more interest than ever right now. Product Hunt offers a list of some of the best tools for maintaining both.