Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with MindMeister, the best collaborative mind mapping software out there.
- A free messaging app that combines multiple chat/messaging services into one application. Slack, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Telegram and many more.
- I’ve long been using the Glif from Studio Neat for mounting my iPhone on various tripods, and the latest version adds a feature I’ve always wanted: a quick release lever. Plus portrait/landscape swivel, 3 tripod mounts for additional accessories, and an optional hand grip and wrist strap.
- Affinity Photo
- If you’re looking for a Photoshop replacement, I’m happy to offer this recommendation. I purchased it at the intro sale price ($39.99) last week and am very satisfied with it. All the photo editing tools you need, plus excellent selection tools, plugins, macros, text styles and a lot more.
- I’ve mentioned this iOS keyboard before (Android version available now), but it’s worth mentioning again (and it’s a winner of a Product Hunt Golden Kitty award). It’s my absolute favorite replacement for the default iOS keyboard, with swipe typing, built in Google search, GIF search, emoji search (though iOS has this by default now) and other niceties that make it amazing to use.
- How to Quickly Access your Pinboard Bookmarks Using LaunchBar, TextExpander and Related Apps
- A great post from Luc P. Beaudoin on using TextExpander and LaunchBar to make Pinboard even more useful.
- Journaling with Jekyll
- Craig Eley details his open source solution for daily journaling using Jekyll and Markdown.