Web excursions brought to you by MindMeister, the best collaborative mind mapping software out there.
I took this week off. I didn’t record a Systematic. I didn’t record an Overtired. I didn’t write any blog posts. I didn’t book any sponsors for the aforementioned reasons.
I did do some hiking, some coding, some movie watching, some playing with dogs, and some dealing with yet another change of my meds (more of this, sadly) that resulted in uncharacteristic depression.
I also managed to find some cool links.
- Urthecast - See the planet. Open the world.
- Images of Earth captured from the International Space Station, with a very intriguing API. I’ve requested access to the developer tools, and am looking forward to something potentially awesome here.
- sift - a fast and powerful open source alternative to grep
- “A fast and powerful open source alternative to grep.” I’m currently (still) a Silver Surfer (ag) fan, but this offers some enticing flexibility.
- Computing CSS matrix3d transforms
- Some advanced tricks with CSS transforms. Between this and Franklin’s followup article on diffing images with CSS, I have a new rabbit hole.
- Generate a frontend markup template from Sass variables.
By the way, I’m planning to offer a special sponsorship of the Web Excursions posts in month-or-longer packages, so if you’re an indie/small developer looking for good exposure with frequent repetition at a budget-friendly rate, contact me and we can talk details.