Web Excursions are select bookmarks from my travels around the interwebs, because I'm always thinking about you while discovering other people's cool stuff. You mean that much to me. You can see all of my (public) bookmarks on Pinboard, and visit the bookmarks archive for curated lists across the last few years.
Web excursions brought to you in partnership with CleanMyMac 3, all the tools to speed up your Mac, in one app.
- Brighten Your Day with Motion Controlled Cabinet Light
- Every day I find things that make me wish I had time to actually dig into Arduino programming. Robotic feline enrichment toys would be my first project, of course, then lighting automation.
- AnyBar and SuperDuper!
- Great use of AnyBar from Dr. Drang.
- Learn Git Branching
- A very cool interactive tutorial on Git branching. Great stuff for anyone starting with Git, and even more for people at an intermediate (plus) level.
- As far as command line directory navigation goes, this utility seems pretty awesome so far.
- Yosemite: Enable dark mode with a keyboard shortcut
- I don’t use Dark Mode in Yosemite, but I do need it when testing app UIs. I hadn’t paid attention to this option previously, but it’s handy for people who switch Dark Mode on and off frequently.